7500 Backers!

Parco

nice, thats alot of people. alot more people will probably contribute once the alpha is released indeed. lets also hope bm reaches 200k £ before beta.

Sweet. 15000 pounds just by paypal backers!

And I'm one of them :p

I remember backing one day after the Kickstarter ended.

Kosac

Insider
There's a lot of news. Read all the updates in the Kickstarter page and watch all the insider and public videos, and read the dev's posts in the forum. Plenty of news. The estimated Alpha release is also this month.
maybe for ppl who spend 40bucks but others? :)

Max11

Insider
There is a lot of speculation. The actual news is few and way far in-between. Not much current news. I didn't realize when I paid my 40 that I wasn't getting the videos so that puts me out of the dev loop. I would say a weekly update would be nice but if it slows down the development of the game I am all for staying in the dark. But think it would help attract more people as no news gets old after a while and attention spans are limited to what's the next biggest best thing going on. And congratulations on 7500 backers hope we get alpha before we get to 7502.

Max11

Insider
The worth is up to each of us and its not to me.
Would gladly have don't the same one I did for one copy of game and video included but now I will get 2 copies and alpha and beta but no videos. Already pledged more than I pay for any game. Really paying for the early access more than anything else.

Fawz

Insider
It's really nice to see the Bare Mettle team is able to gather more backers and subsequently acquire more funds to make Sui Generis an even better game!

Sadly the game is still widely unknown and hasn't gotten much media attention from most gaming websites. That's mostly due to the fact that there isn't much news to cover, footage to show or gameplay to comment on. Let's hope that when the Alpha is made available in February a new wave of backers flock to this awesome looking game :D

Empire²

Insider
That's a cool milestone!

What I think will happen, looking towards the future, is that there will be a surge of backers upon either an alpha version or an official release date & trailer on a platform like Steam. Even though the concept is not something that'll appeal to the masses, I feel like there will be enough RPG-enthusiasts to bump the amount of backers up even further. You look at how Starbound distributed an early beta version to several large YouTubers, and how that affected their pre-orders. I had followed the development of Starbound for absolutely ages, before any of the mechanics were properly in place, and the community was nowhere near as big as it is now and will be in a matter of mere weeks. Regardless of the fact that Starbound is a much more "accessible" title than Sui Generis (to most anyways), I feel like clever marketing and PR will have the same impact on sales as it did with Starbound. It's just a matter of getting the word out there, preferably through a platform like YouTube, where certain people have obtained a cult following (e.g. Yogscast, TotalBiscuit etc.) that would absolutely pile on a game that is refreshing and original like Sui Generis, among the sea of cutesy 8/16-bit Indie Platformers flooding Steam right now. Finding YouTubers or similar communities with roots in things like Dungeons & Dragons or World Of Warcraft is obviously not easy, but I'm a 100% sure the community here is able and willing to aid in composing a list of such personalities.

Nonetheless, congratulations to Bare Mettle on the milestone and may there be aplenty along the road!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.