Search results

1. X

What must SG have to leave a good first impression?

Since I'm tired of telling people what's stupid and what's not while getting bombarded by 6000 individuals with different opinions that are so eager to show their critical thinking skills that they forget to bring any facts to back them up, I decide to actually do the community a favour and ask...
  2. X

AI director?

For those haven't heard of the term "AI director", it's a made up term firstly used in Valve's zombie massacre fun house left 4 dead for an mysterious entity that controls many parameters to create a dynamic experience in a tense but fair environment. Put away its fancy name, to its roots, AI...
  3. X

If you are to design a haunted castle...

Just as the title suggested, this thread is created to get everyone's thoughts on big complex interior environments that are rarely seen in today's games. The most we get in today's triple A titles are 500 square meter 3 story complexes filled with pretty much nothing. My personal wishlist of...
  4. X

Why do we even have RPG elements?

When I was playing some old favourite CRPGs of mine; I was shocked by how differently games were made back then. Sure they are old and dated, but they still hold up really well against today's AAA streamlined-generic-fantasy-setting-over-written-American-culture-all-over-the-place RPGs. If...
  5. X

Converts messages without dialogs

SG has a dynamic story line and such, so it would fit in the theme if a lot of side quests are in game. Is it doable to invent a new dialog system that converts messages without developers actually write every single sentence specific for that quest or npc. My current idea is, make the dialog...
  6. X

environment design

I remember back in the day of NES, good games have levels that introduce different mechanics whereas bad games only have different background colours. (Megaman 2 vs back to the future) In today's games, somehow this is absent in many so called great titles.(no names will be give to avoid...
  7. X

Impactful weapon suggestion

Sorry if my post is disjointed and hard to follow, not in the mood to organize my thoughts. 1. Weapons that will send enemies flying. Upper cutters that will launch mobs up in the air, downwards slash pancakes monsters, huge slash in an arc that will knock multiple enemies back and cause them...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.