Search results

1. S

Running improvements and combat controls

One thing I notice is the sword and mace swinging animations have your character spending time slowing their swing down. When chaining attacks the character is still at the beginning of each back and forward swing, while resetting to their initial position. It would be nifty if they maintained...
  2. S

Jumping, and the like

I will say one of the more frustrating things about certain hack and slashy games is a poorly implemented jump/mantling mechanic. It is especially frustrating when you are trying to back off from a fight, and some picket fence, plank of wood, or knee high step gets in the way, but because your...
  3. S

Sui Generis and Real Life

Don't like real life, the rendering is rubbish and locked to first person, the 3d effects give me a headache and all the NPCs are totally imba. Plus I spent all my build points on Magecraft before the latest patch decided I was in a no magic universe. The death penalties are also not fully...
  4. S

Inspiring Fear

There is space for some nice dark horror as well. So you are fighting through a dungeon, and suddenly a screaming form comes running towards you, is it a banshee or the kidnapped daughter of the Earl? Hope you guess right...
  5. S

What does the player have to lose?

I have no problem being able to stick gear in a magic spacial fold or whatever. It's not like you are able to take advantage of your spoony sword of silvery smiteing if it is bagged up in a pocket universe. If you equip your gear you risk it, so you get to choose "do I wear my best gear all the...
  6. S

Impactful weapon suggestion

Zweihander (big german two handed sword) about 3kg Weedy Person about 57kg Assuming a 100% inelastic transfer of momentum (the sword sticks to the dude) to knock a guy along a 45 degree parabolic arc 1 meter back from where the sword struck would take a sword swing of... ...math math math...
  7. S

Different npc "factions"

TES:Oblivion tried to do that, and essentially every town would dissolve into a huge melle when one of the factions stole another faction's apple, then that faction attacked the thief, then the thief's allies piled on etc. When coding ai for villagers to respond to violence it may be better to...
  8. S

Wounds, Limbs and Gore

I think that gore is cool, I think that taking a last couple of swings with your sword after losing a limb is cool, and by the rule of cool those options should be in the game :p. That being said if anybody believes, dispite evidence to the contrary, that losing a limb immediatly fullbody...
  9. S

Wounds, Limbs and Gore

Maybe not the first few times, as shock sets in, but after you figure out that death isn't fatal, maybe you can learn to ignore the pain? When I broke my leg a few months ago (critically failed a 'walk on icy ground' check :() I lay just like I landed screaming like a girl (literaly; my voice...
  10. S

Wounds, Limbs and Gore

The reason that it would be cool to be able to continue functioning for a while with a busted/removed limb before dying is that in SG it has been stated that your char is special because he can come back from the dead. Ie nobody else can. So upon losing a limb you bumrush the boss and hope you...
  11. S

Two-handed Wielding of Light Weapons

One vs two handed is a subtler distinction than just more arms on weapon therefore more power. Some weapons may be distinctly more effective one handed (nunchucks, foil, stiletto) two handed (zweihander, pole axe) some could be fairly similar in difference between one and two handed...
  12. S

Two-handed Wielding of Light Weapons

I reject your premise; when swinging a hammer, even once the nail is already most of the way in, it is very rare to see somebody using both hands. Similarly spears and javelins, and even shot puts and discus are thrown one handed. This is not because that is "the rules," but because with a held...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.