Search results

1. scurra

Inventory handling

The increase is not necessarily to one specific trait but in general. In my experience this usually just shows up as increasing or decreasing morale. In this game it could just be a general buff/debuff of well-being due to having met that need (such as when after you eat your brain works faster...
  2. scurra

Thoughts and Ideas General

If there is dynamic development then fortifying effect could be seen in many situations. Such as undead infesting an area attracting more unconscious minds(what makes the skeletons in this world) to gather and slowly warping the area or like you said avoiding a bandit camp just causes it to get...
  3. scurra

Functional Cloaks

It's actually pretty amazing how many possibilities open up with a dynamic season mechanic. The weather effects could also relate to the Thaumaturgy of the body. Such as fortifying your self against the cold by increasing your body's metabolism or increasing your reaction time. Weather would...
  4. scurra

It would be pretty interesting if they made some of the barriers actually consist of impossibly strong monsters that live in say the one pass between a large mountain range and while normal people can pass unnoticed your powers or the reason you can resurrect attracts them and they blocks your...
  5. scurra

Now while the developers have mentioned that new Npcs don't just spawn how does this work with enemies? Is each enemy or every soldier in the game a unique Npc? In that case once you clear out an area it will always be clear? Also, if there is some event where monsters attack a village will that...
  6. scurra

Inventory handling

I know that the team is going for realism but you could have a farm spawn food based on key factors. So farms could then be scaled down representation of a larger acreage (4 acres of farmland in the game is actually suppose to be 200 acres). In this way we could use the passive food system and...
  7. scurra

Inventory handling

What would be the point of a complex food system if you yourself does not use it? In reality there is a reason why many large towns in Europe did not appear until key agricultural techniques were discovered. In that case would we then have (comparatively)huge parts of the human controlled areas...
  8. scurra

Inventory handling

Actually, to my understanding full armor does not encumber you the way most Rpgs portray. By having the armor crafted for you they make it like an exoskeleton. The upper body's armor actually rested on the lower armor and not your body. That is why knight had no problem carrying around 50 pounds...
  9. scurra

Inventory handling

Actually, After thinking about it for a while it would be pretty cool to be able to gift found gear to a town or group which would not only make them better equipped but also in your debt. So, while you could sell it would be far more prudent to help outfit the city guard in case you ever need...
  10. scurra

Inventory handling

While realism is important how do you balance that with the economics of the world? All the actions of the player must have an average pay out based on the time it takes to complete gold giving activities in real life time.(does anyone want to spend an hour real time but barely making any gold...
  11. scurra

Studying expands knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption leads to crime, crime...

Studying expands knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption leads to crime, crime doesn't pay. Why study?
  12. scurra

Small Ideas

I think most dungeons not being lighted would be cool. I also liked that Skyrim's torches went out (even if you never needed them). This would also raise the question of how to wield a shield, sword, and torch. Maybe after adventuring in the underground long enough you would discover a way to...
  13. scurra

Inventory handling

They mentioned that horses were a pretty big deal in this world. So, maybe you can buy horses to go with your play style such as a draft horse for hoarders or a warhorse for explorers. Now in this I have to agree that ride-able raptors would be lame but what if you could finds unique mounts...
  14. scurra

Companions?

Companions would be great as long as they don't get in the way. The only game I have ever played with a decent follower system was Dragon's Dogma and in the situations they did do something stupid you could rez them without losing the fight because your tank just jumped in front of the cyclops's...
  15. scurra

Replayability and "new factor"

Due to the fact that this game is being made with an editor I think we can safely assume It will be static at least in its initial physical state(unless they divide the world into blocks that can be made of say 20 different areas each game chosen the possible 100 they have). However, they could...
  16. scurra

Persistence concerning NPCs and the World

One of my major questions regarding persistence is economics. How in depth are you wanting to get into economics? The only game that I have ever played that even had anything like a true randomized economic system is Mount and Blade: Warband. The villages and towns traded and produced items...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.