Search results

1. Natharias

What the heck Aint I seeing

Yeah, I was told the 2h sword is the best "noob" weapon, and overall it is the best weapon. So far, it's the only one I can clear both arenas without using armor and without taking damage. I follow the same rules I came up with for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (1): 1. Deny enemy information...
  2. Natharias

What the heck Aint I seeing

Yeah, I'd suggest doing what I did: 1. Play in the starting room to get a handle for the controls, both in combat and peace modes (what I call them). 2. Conquer the Novice arena. 3. Once you can get through Novice without much difficulty, conquer Expert arena. 4. Attempt a naked run. No gear...
  3. Natharias

Irregularities

I know all of that. I can beat him flawlessly with a sword-n-board setup or with a two-handed sword. Voulge and bardiche I can beat him but usually take damage.
  4. Natharias

Irregularities

NPCs have skills already?
  5. Natharias

Irregularities

1. Polehammer. The first guy in the expert arena with it can swing it somewhat faster than the player character can. There are times he can get an overhand strike long before I can do any side swings and I can never pull them off. I can do them with most other two-handed weapons, but not the...
  6. Natharias

Wooden Crutch: most broken weapon ever?

Are you serious or messin? Cause I picked one up but never thought to use it.
  7. Natharias

What's your favorite character setup?

On the contrary, I can't do that. Most of the time I'll get hit by the two-hander either really close to the hilt (like being hit in the face since the shield gets caught below the arm) or from the very tip from "shaped" weapons. Shaped meaning anything not stick-like. There are too many times...
  8. Natharias

Ah, then that would explain how I was hit a few times. I always thought that their weapon somehow still hit me hard enough after hitting the shield. Well, this changes gameplay considerably.
  9. Natharias

I managed to play both Novice and Expert arena modes flawlessly while using gear. I've yet to come close to finishing it on a barebones run, and this is with two-handers and sword and board setups. I just got into the barracks/dorm area past one of the locked doors near the starting room. The...
  10. Natharias

Torch + Shield: Hold the torch up?

When out of combat mode, can the character hold the torch up high instead of down low when equipped with a shield?
  11. Natharias

Tall characters stumble both in the Arena and campaign often. It's another minor reason I prefer short characters.
  12. Natharias

I know what you mean, and it is hard to guard your legs as well. But I found the worst thing is that crouching causes the AI to immediately switch to an overhand attack, which can save you from side swings and so on. Even if you only go part of the way the AI senses you're crouched and goes...
  13. Natharias

I do something similar. When I use 2h swords I crouch when I do side swings. Not only does it help get by shields (works most of the time), it adds a little extra punch to the hit. Yet it's not all I do. If I can manage it, I swing after the crouch-side-swing I just did above and do it by...
  14. Natharias

What's your favorite character setup (height, weapon, shield, etc.)? Do you play aggressively, defensively, or alternate between offense and defense? Why do you like your play style? In the arena I prefer short and two-handed. I've yet to play the campaign extensively, but I'll probably prefer...
  15. Natharias

Item attributes inaccurate?

Thanks again Tony. I just finished the Expert Arena and am planning on trying a barebones run.
  16. Natharias

Item attributes inaccurate?

I just broke into Expert Arena and noticed something. The lamellar vest and leather breastplate say they have the same coverage amount, but on my character I'm fairly certain that the lamellar covers significantly more than the leather breastplate. Lamellar covers far more on the back and below...
  17. Natharias

Feedback on early game and videos

Well it depends on what editing/modding is allowed and how far it can be implemented. Some games, again like Skyrim, can get away with letting all (or most) tools out to their players. It benefits them immensely since it essentially allows players to make their own content. A single person can...
  18. Natharias

Update. Release the map editor? Due to the complexity desired for the gameplay, I doubt that you'll release map editors or the ability to create custom areas and content. However, I think that allowing map editors to be used for at least Arena-style or mini-campaign settings might be...
  19. Natharias

I've only played four hours (according to steam) and about half of that was spent in the Arena, and I've seen all of the videos on BareMettle on Youtube except for the OSTs. This is my favorite ARPG, hands down. No exceptions. No after-thoughts. Favorite game. Here's what I like, roughly in the...
  20. Natharias

How much content is there?

Yeah, I figured unique content (unique meaning actually different) would be low since the game was just released and is from a low-fund company. I'm sure much more will be added later though, it's well worth $12 to me. As to two-handers, they are easier for me in the arena. But I've started...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.