Search results

1. Cepheiden

Message in "Plot"?

That could be solved by a) having so many NPCs that even if you kill a thousand, there will still be thousands left. or b) if you kill too many NPCs for no reason the game will make it extremely difficult to continue this path, i.e. sending a massive punitive squad after you, that will...
  2. Cepheiden

AI combat proficiency

Thank you for all your replies. I am glad to hear you even thought about all the stuff I mentionend. Concerning the stats on items, I guess I simply missed the whole picture. I Read the news again after I made my post an realized that there is actually a sensible amount of variety. I especially...
  3. Cepheiden

AI combat proficiency

I recently read about your changes to the AI and the progress you made on it. However, I wonder if there will be different AI levels based on the type of enemy? As in a Farmer that picked up a sword will be less experienced and smart in attacking you than a soldier. Maybe not just having more...
  4. Cepheiden

Crafting

Another example for a rarely used crafting system would be the system used in Evil Islands, a somewhat unknown rpg from 2000. Crafting was done only by NPCs for a fee, which would be in line with what the Devs for Sui Generis want. The NPC Crafter was able to build a few different very basic...
  5. Cepheiden

Inventory handling

Thank you for answering. I see that you are thinking hard about topics like this. Opening up a poll will give you results on what the most interested people would expect from the game. However I do not know if it would be the best thing for the game. After all that you have presented about...
  6. Cepheiden

Inventory handling

I can see everyone making strong points for limited space. I personally still have doubts just how doable the idea of "everything physically present" is. Ultimately it all comes down to the implementation of their inventory system. If it fits the idea, it would be most innovative, like the...
  7. Cepheiden

Inventory handling

Many replies. Thank you. To give some arguments against certain points: Realism: It's a trade off. Realistic features can be really cool, but it also can turn games into tedious work. Relevance of items: The funny thing here is, the relevance of every item is influenced by the inventory...
  8. Cepheiden

Inventory handling

I suggest making inventory space unlimited. Sorting through useless stuff is no fun and if there is a volume, or a weight limit, there will be useless stuff. Sometimes it is necessary to cut down on realism to guarantee fun. Its fun to pick up everything that is not nailed down. Take...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.