Search results

1. C

0.6 Two handed sword swinging over enemy's head

Confirming I noticed this as well. About 10 hours of 2h sword. As of .6 LtR settings overhead and I have to compensate with couch to pull it down
  2. C

Great combat, but a few thoughts

I've been playing the Arena in Exanima exclusively for about a week. I tried the campaign once, ran into the first door on accident and tripped into a zombie who axed me to death. Overall a good experience, but I'll stick to the arena until I get bored with it (Won't be any time soon). The...
  3. C

Personal Project, a Sui Generis monster?

Every day is arm and chest day breh. 20 sets of biceps a week. What's a lat?
  4. C

How to Achieve Truly Dynamic Events

The problem with the system you described is that the implementation is insanely complex. I don't know your background or if you've had experience in coding or computer design, but a system in which the AI truly learns is something that requires a massive amount of resources in both design and...
  5. C

How to Achieve Truly Dynamic Events

So I've been mulling over this for a while and I just can't seem to come up with a solution, so I've decided to ask you guys for your thoughts on what I've drudged up so far and if it makes sense. I put this in General Discussion because I'm sure the concepts could be applied to SG, especially...
  6. C

Modular weapon variation

Well in any case, I would love to see modular weapon creation. Weapons could still be classified based on the combination, so something like a long shaft and a mace head would qualify as a maul while a short shaft and a mace head would be a warhammer, thus allowing skills to apply to weapon...
  7. C

World Item Interface

I think it wouldn't really be possible to say what system would be better unless we knew more about the game. In a game like D2 where you have 600 dead corpses around you, you don't want 600 individual item windows appearing. But if the game is more like Zeno Clash where you only have a few...
  8. C

Modular weapon variation

Well that's when you have a crafting stat and the only means of crafting better things is by repeatedly making the same things over and over. In a game where there's no stats, all you'd need is the materials and maybe a certain tool. Or perhaps there would be a quest that teaches you a new...
  9. C

Modular weapon variation

I think that as long as you keep the amount of components low (3 seems like a nice number) and maintain a set of balances for the stats of each component (e.g. Speed will be traded for damage, as you lose mass), there should be too much of a balancing issue except around edge cases like a dagger...
  10. C

Modular weapon variation

That's actually a really cool idea, especially if each object has its own weight properties. Instead of having a generic rule for weapon types in terms of their speeds, damage, etc., everything would be factored just like it would in the real world. A spear with a heavy pommel and a light tip...
  11. C

Die by the sword

I'd like to just remind everyone that Chivalry pulled off some beautiful directional-based combat without ever having direct mouse control. While the combat is built on the physics engine, I'm not sure that the goal was to make the combat centered around that same engine. I feel that a locked...
  12. C

World Item Interface

So I was wondering exactly how items that are in the world (that is, lootable or interactable items) will be displayed. I'm still unclear on exactly how the looting system works, so I'm not sure if it will be Diablo-style where items explode out of corpses like confetti from a pinata or if items...
  13. C

What does the player have to lose?

I think a game that had a really neat punishment system was Guild Wars (Prophecies), although it was more reliant on their instanced environments. In Guild Wars, players would be able to group up in towns and then venture out into instanced open-world areas that would lead to other towns or...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.