Search results

1. Granville

Daemons, Demons and Dragons... And the likes of it

As far as "daemons" are concerned, i think the most likely thing we'll see the twisted remnants of thaumaturges who delved too deep into their dark pursuits. This would open up some cool visuals, as these "daemons" would be shaped by their respective innate talents (mind, body, force ect).
  2. Granville

Making people surrender

First of all i think you sorted it there malfunction It would make sense to still be able to do everything as normal even after surrendering, this goes the same for enemies. This would make things more interesting when approaching a surrendered enemy, as unless you know their motivations they...
  3. Granville

Making people surrender

Also an execution option would open up the possibility of some cool cinematics.
  4. Granville

Making people surrender

I still think there needs to be some sort of option box to go through to choose what you want to do with them. for example if you wanted to talk/loot/restrain them you'd have to use the same button (unless you had one specifically bound) in order to access any one of these options.
  5. Granville

Making people surrender

I think that if an enemy is going to yield they should do so automatically and from that you should have to enter a dialogue box containing choices. The choices being looting, restraining, entering a conversation, etc. Yes, no?
  6. Granville

Making people surrender

My worry is, from what i've seen from videos, a gesture may be hard to see. This wouldn't be a problem if it's you signalling an enemy, but if they signal you it would be extremely easy to miss and therefore, perhaps, change your reputation in a way you weren't intending. Too many cases of this...
  7. Granville

Making people surrender

I would love to see this happen, but it would have to be very clear when an enemy was surrendering otherwise you could just carry on and kill them. A possible way to deal with this would be to temporarily treat a surrendered enemy like a dead one so they can't be hurt, but then have a dialogue...
  8. Granville

Modular weapon variation

I think in SG magical items will be extremely rare, so maybe a long dangerous pilgrimage to a thaumaturge temple, to find an enchanter?
  9. Granville

Modular weapon variation

Hopefully such a system would allow for the imbuing of magical gems or the SG equivalent
  10. Granville

Modular weapon variation

Very true sir snips but redundant discussion of ideas and opinions is what forums are for, so i shall continue: In any version of player crafting there will be some element of grinding, be it grinding through the type of quest you mention or grinding through particular enemies to find the right...
  11. Granville

Modular weapon variation

I think NPC crafting with such a system (where by you the player gets to design the weapon and not just pick from presets) is much better than a crafting skill. In every game i've played with crafting, it seems like a good idea at the start but it just ends up as a grind, making the same thing...
  12. Granville

Modular weapon variation

"and that sword you have there, would you like the blade short? long? curved? straight? and the hilt would you like a hand guard that increases hand defense but decreases mobility? and if you want a hand guard would you like it bladed which decreases defense slightly but increases damage if you...
  13. Granville

Modular weapon variation

Not to mention the fact that it allows you to mess around with weapons and make some real fantasy stuff, attach blades to EVERYTHING
  14. Granville

Modular weapon variation

Feels like this thread needs to be revived :) I'd like to see a version of what bibidibop suggested, but maybe limited a bit. In any case i'd like to see weapons broken down into generic parts not specific to any particular weapon. For example a simple long shaft could be used as a simple...
  15. Granville

Thoughts and Ideas General

If a massive multiplayer game play option was implemented, i would like to see it remain sandboxy, and maybe even a little minecraft-esque with servers void of cities or villages but with the ability to build your own home. This would lead to real communities being built in a server, with such...
  16. Granville

Unarmed Fighting (and thoughts there of)

I dunno, I'd love to see it as a viable, if infinitely more challenging alternative to traditional weapons. When done right unarmed fighting is just more fun.
  17. Granville

Thoughts and Ideas General

For those interested i've created a thread specifically for the unarmed discussion to save from clogging every other thread it's called Unarmed Fighting (and thoughts there of)
  18. Granville

Unnecessary Mechanics You'd Like to See

For those interested i've created a thread specifically for the unarmed discussion to save from clogging every other thread it's called Unarmed Fighting (and thoughts there of)
  19. Granville

Unarmed Fighting (and thoughts there of)

Right moving this into a separate thread so as not to clog up everything else. My initial idea was to have unarmed fighting as a fleshed out and viable way to play the game, ideally inspired by real and practical forms of self defense (i'm thinking along the lines of Krav Maga). Obviously there...
  20. Granville

Unnecessary Mechanics You'd Like to See

While it's true that fists vs sword isn't really a fair fight, a way of balancing this would be to have some disarming techniques, alternatively have some spiked gauntlets or something that would be as effective against armor as a dagger/short sword. On another note, i'd love to see you able...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.