Search results

1. Rob

Alpha Combat Trailer feedback

As a moderator, I can't see if any external sites have linked any videos either. If it makes you feel better, if any external sites linked to your videos then the person responsible for sharing the link to the video would be guilty of violating the NDA, not you. This highlights that the...
  2. Rob

Wow, they got to that fast. RPGwatch should have known it violates the NDA. What to do about this thread...?
  3. Rob

I had the same thought as soon as I saw it! Then I realised that this thread is about the video, not the combat alpha - note that @mercy is a member, not an insider.
  4. Rob

Combat Alpha Release

Hey, Can we move discussion into the insider forum please? I think feedback RE the alpha isn't supposed to be public... There is a thread specifically for feedback here: http://www.baremettle.com/sg/forums/index.php?threads/combat-alpha-early-discussion.1161/ Thanks :)
  5. Rob

Postponement

I don't think I've ever seen this many members simultaneously online...
  6. Rob

Some help, perhaps?

I'm indifferent... I think we can leave it for now, just in case others encounter the same issue.
  7. Rob

Postponement

Such is the nature of software development. You can't predict the presence of bugs/issues, nor predict how long they will set you back. And ensuring platform independence can be a real pain, full of unexpected issues. When estimating how long a task will take me, I always multiply by pi - that...
  8. Rob

Hello a few questions about Sui Generis

You could get a physical boxed copy of the game during the kickstarter campaign (dubbed the collector's edition). I don't know what BM's feelings are regarding continuing the sale of physical copies/items, as you can only pledge for a digital tier now. If you're interested in a physical copy...
  9. Rob

About to do a big mistake, buying new gaming computer :D

It will depend on what you mean by "do the trick"? I'm sure SG will run on such a setup - BM have always said that SG can run on outdated laptops (and the specs you quote are not underpowered). However, if you want to get the best out of it and run it using high graphics settings then that's...
  10. Rob

On Schedule...

On a related note, I believe the possibility of dismemberment has been previously discussed - with sufficient impact, you might be able to cleave your character in two using a chair, perhaps using ballistae...? If that appeals, that is.
  11. Rob

Kingdom Come - Deliverance

When game devs promote their games as being "realistic", you've got to take it with a pinch of salt. What it usually means is that they're going for a higher level of realism than has become industry standard at that point in time. Remember how Doom was marketed as having realistic 3D graphics...
  12. Rob

Clarification on tiers?

Yeah, it depends what you're after. If you would like to experience SG hands-on as soon as possible, and potentially have an active part in its development, then the £40 alpha tier is much more attractive than the £30 tier. However, some people aren't bothered about playing the game before...
  13. Rob

Clarification on tiers?

Hi @Zodd, £20 - beta access only. £30 - dev videos, no beta access. £40 - alpha & beta access, no dev videos. £60 - alpha & beta access, and dev videos. Bottom line - digital alpha tier does not include dev videos. Hope that helps clarify.
  14. Rob

Hello a few questions about Sui Generis

Not sure it works quite like that in practice... :D
  15. Rob

Why I haven't backed Sui Generis (yet)

Thanks for finding a quote! Perhaps it's someone who wanted to create a visualisation of a physical interaction, or something like that.
  16. Rob

I knew that that was their intention in the long run, but I didn't know they were actually licensing it out already. This really surprises me, given that the engine is not "finished". I would have thought that BM would have wanted Sui Generis to be the first thus definitive game to use this...
  17. Rob

The engine is quite possibly their most valuable commodity. It would be great for the game to be opened up to the community for the purpose of creating mods. However, it's more important that: (1) BM establish Sui Generis first so that they really take ownership and establish an identity; and...
  18. Rob

On Schedule...

I agree. In the meantime, I'll move this thread to the General Discussion forum.
  19. Rob

The Elder Scrolls Online trailer

I'm with tiny lampe on this one. It's a great-looking video. I'm sure it'd make a great film. But the trailer says absolutely nothing about the game! If that was all real gameplay then I'd be uber-excited. But it's not. It's just a load of marketing bull, intended purely to sell a product...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.