Recent content by the_grim

1. T

The grand inventory thread

Hotkeys for quick weapon equips would be great. Now it's kind of a pain to switch weapons when you run into an enemy, I've often gotten myself wounded when trying to equip my shield or two-handed sword (since inventory automatically disengages you from combat mode). Number keys for customizable...
  2. T

The grand inventory thread

I understand an infinite "bag of holding" is a necessary trope in many RPGs - it's simply frustrating to the player to have to limit their inventory based on some "realistic" values. It could very well work in Exanima / SG's case though: at least in Exanima you don't really need to carry eg...
  3. T

3 little suggestions that'd improve the game quite a bit

Another possibility would be to use a modifier key (eg. alt or ctrl) in combination with your regular attack key (LMB) to initiate an alternate attack. Even that would be better than a movement-sensitive system as it is right now. This game is not about swinging your sword by moving the mouse...
  4. T

Thoughts and Ideas General

Gore + dismemberment and destructible props are my top wishes. First of all, the lethal combat with sharp-edged weapons absolutely needs to leave some marks upon the game world. I'd like to see blood decals spawned on the walls and floors after a spray of blood from the combatants, and pools of...
  5. T

3 little suggestions that'd improve the game quite a bit

I'm siding with Nahkuri on this, I don't see any valid reason to have an asymmetrical swing area that favors RtL attacks and makes LtR attacks essentially more difficult (even if skilled players can perform a LtR swing flawlessly and with precision, it still requires additional effort). Why this...
  6. T

observations from demo: areas that could be improved.

Your points on colour palette and decoration are spot on. I'm an architect by trade - by no means specialized in architectural history - but from what I've learned, the common depiction of medieval fantasy buildings is as far removed from reality as horns on a viking's helmet. Your average...
  7. T

Put in a saving function ASAP

You've vocalized my feelings spot on! I don't mind permadeath in principle, but whether it's a constructive game mechanic or not really depends on the layout and build of the game. Permadeath doesn't work in a rigidly scripted, story-driven game (such as Exanima) nearly as well as it does in a...
  8. T

Put in a saving function ASAP

My 2 cents to the discussion. Exanima is a game where every conflict is a potentially lethal encounter. The result of a fight can be up to very minor things: a stumble, a poorly timed blow, an unintentional spin due to stepping too close to the crosshair - and you get an axe to the neck and...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.