Recent content by Omegoa

1. Omegoa

Sui Generis could have been worse

Oh, Sumatori. Back in high school a friend of mine would break out his laptop and play this during lunch. We passed many a lunch break in fits of hysteria.
  2. Omegoa

Role-playing thread(s)

No apology needed, it was very well thought out. If anything, you should apologize for setting the standard so high! If this post is any sort of indicator, though, this RP thread will have a rich future indeed. I'll be contributing later, once I have the time to create and refine a character of...
  3. Omegoa

Sacked Settlements

I agree, there should be a sort of limit. Not every village would have a King Porky plotting to destroy it, and some would just be too well-defended for the wilds to sack the settlement. As for your edit, that's what I had in mind though you make a good point about the player getting killed; the...
  4. Omegoa

Sacked Settlements

But that's the thing, these would probably have to be scripted for the following reasons: First, with the lack of destructible buildings, any sort of destruction would have to happen off-screen; second, it makes the destruction meaningful; and third, for the reason you have stated, to prevent...
  5. Omegoa

Sacked Settlements

I imagine it the sort of thing to happen only infrequently, in line with significant events in the world if events turn out a certain way. I'm not sure that a village-rebuilding mechanic would be feasible (though it's nice to think about), but it would be cool if the player could found a...
  6. Omegoa

Sacked Settlements

Such a mechanic definitely has the potential to be emotional. I was actually thinking of Skyrim's dragon attacks as I wrote this. There was a dragon attack in Riverwood - a town most new players will stumble across fairly early on in their adventures - and Alvor, the town's blacksmith, got...
  7. Omegoa

Sacked Settlements

Just another idea that popped into my head while I should have been writing my final paper: Will we be seeing any interaction between settlements and the world beyond their walls? I mean this mostly in terms of combat between cities and whatever creatures lurk the wilds, though any dynamic...
  8. Omegoa

Role-playing thread(s)

I'm in.
  9. Omegoa

Ballista

Ballistae were, historically speaking, fairly effective anti-personnel weapons. At least, so much so that they became a staple of the Roman military under Caesar. History (read Wikipedia) tells us that the the ballista lost popularity in the Middle Ages, but I think their presence in SG could be...
  10. Omegoa

Yin and Yang

They're sort of like werewolves - once a month they emerge to terrorize the world of man.
  11. Omegoa

Yin and Yang

The concept is interesting, but have you ever met a woman? They are certainly the more powerful (read violent) of the two genders :p
  12. Omegoa

City Scale and the Role of Buildings

Thanks for the clarification, guess I missed that one.
  13. Omegoa

One of my worries regarding the game is that the settlements will wind up becoming boring due to the way the world-building tool works. We've all seen it in action: It essentially pastes in objects from a template. Not that this is bad in and of itself as it allows for the rapid generation of...
  14. Omegoa

Forty homes to a town? Now you're just spoiling us. That all sounds - and looks - fantastic, thank you very much for your response and the screenshot. Of course, answers always lead to more questions, so I hope nobody minds if I ask a couple more: First, would somewhere around eighty souls...
  15. Omegoa

Message in "Plot"?

That's the thing about friendly fire - it isn't very friendly. I'm curious to see how the devs decide to handle it, though the traditional method is to have allies tolerate a whack or three before going hostile.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.