Recent content by Kaizer0002

1. Kaizer0002

Living breathing world

I played through one town of Din's Curse recently and it was interesting. Everything, including your summons, can gain templates (like summoned skeleton becomes champion skeleton) the way you tend to see minor boss mobs in hack and slash rpgs. A boss that you don't make it to in level 5 of the...
  2. Kaizer0002

Functional Cloaks

No, I did the same thing. You could get 100% chameleon from enchanting your armor which meant you were invisible and no matter what enemies would not respond to you. I did that and had a touch spell that would 1 shot enemies and just bypassed everything that wasn't necessary. And yes, it was boring.
  3. Kaizer0002

Nudity

I don't care one way or another about nudity itself in gaming. What only matters is the developer's aim when it is utilized. Putting ESRB/PEGI ratings aside (since they're only required if you want to put the game on shelves), the two considerations that come primarily to mind: intended audience...
  4. Kaizer0002

Articles on Game Design

They aren't articles, but the Extra Credit videos on Penny Arcade's site are worth watching. Probably already well known, but still what else am I to do when I can't get to sleep? I enjoy Yatze's ideas in his extra punctuation stuff, which is probably also well known and an easy read. I bring it...
  5. Kaizer0002

Music and Sounds

If the game has audio that gives me vital information as well as a music track, I tend to turn the music off (DayZ, Minecraft, etc.). Between the two, I'd prefer extensive ambient sounds where music only exists where music is in the game. NWN was bad at this where you'd hear nothing outside a...
  6. Kaizer0002

Random Events

The idea of your killing of animals/monsters having an effect on the ecosystem is potentially complicated if interesting one. For example, killing an apex predator always has a negative impact on an ecosystem, but predators are who the player are most likely to engage. If nothing keeps the...
  7. Kaizer0002

Wounds, Limbs and Gore

The prospect of opponents who don't go down easily is an intriguing one. Generally that's the design benefit of using zombies in video games - they can take a beating. It would be an interesting mechanic to have a Frenzied Beserker type character, whether it is the player or an enemy. For those...
  8. Kaizer0002

I would like to talk about weapon clashing for a moment.

I like the idea because it allows characters to be frail yet still defensible. Using Jedi Academy again, you rarely hit your opponent and when you do, they generally die (or at least they should). There was an MMA game that came out with the same concept where a well placed attack would dispatch...
  9. Kaizer0002

Traps

Traps feel artificial in many games where they have complicated mechanisms and exist without any express purpose to the point where I am having trouble thinking of reasonable traps in video games. The first that came to mind was from the Thief series in that there are 'noise traps', which are...
  10. Kaizer0002

Thaumaturgy

Psychomorph's mentioning of circles reminded me of Champions Online. There were spells in that game where as long as you remained in a circle (or quickly returned to it if you got ringed out), you received a benefit of some sort. It wasn't necessarily a buff - sometime it was a useful summoned...
  11. Kaizer0002

Limited followers

Putting it in your sig could help, or forcing everyone to put it into their sig.. Who am I kidding. Had people read, they wouldn't be making the thread in the first place. Ignore me.
  12. Kaizer0002

Show me your desktop!

I'm out of town at the moment but this is the wallpaper for my laptop that I have with me And here's my gaming PC's And my old PC
  13. Kaizer0002

Articles on Game Design

I mostly just wanted to share this link, but figured other people could have a place to post articles as they came across them. That and I'm ripping off the game deal thread. It's about animating realistic weapons.
  14. Kaizer0002

Gaming Bargains

If you're into indie games this link follows a good deal of them.
  15. Kaizer0002

Potential for poll rigging?

It could be prevented if the devs only create polls in the Insider forum. It would have required someone to make multiple Kickstarter accounts and paid for each vote. I only know of one example where someone wanted multiple rewards above $100 and did such. Even then, I agree with Caiphas Cain -...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.