Recent content by Eralen

1. Eralen

Simple combat tweaks

Basically what I'm saying is, the daggers already work like I was suggesting they should, I Just didn't know about it before I made this thread. True, the "stun-lock" really doesn't work past Novice level armor, and thats how it should be. Unless you can be extremely accurate (or lucky) and aim...
  2. Eralen

Simple combat tweaks

Its not an afwul idea because it takes a lot of skill and practice, and it doesn't work every time. Long weapons have the advantage at longer range and vice versa. Same with environment. A dagger will have a huge advantage in a tight corridor. Its up to each of you to take advantage of your...
  3. Eralen

Simple combat tweaks

So I just played around with the daggers a bit more, and I sort of figured it out. You can actually strike pretty rapidly with them! If you land a thrust, the recovery is much quicker than if you miss. If your movement and accuracy is good, you can even "stun-lock" an enemy, as the subsequent...
  4. Eralen

Simple combat tweaks

Thats exactly the sort of technique I'm talking about. So it seems that it is already possible, though I haven't managed to pull it off successfully. I always end up clumsily thrashing around in a half-clinch without managing to land a thrust ... I'll just have to practice.
  5. Eralen

Simple combat tweaks

But watching that video, I realize I need to work on my thrust technique. When I try to stab, its very hit or miss, so I really should practice it.
  6. Eralen

Simple combat tweaks

I don't mean thrust in general, it can stay how it is now, I just mean the dagger. Imagine if you're going up against someone with a warhammer and you have a dagger. You can fight on the inside, getting up right next to them without getting hit, because their weapon is useless at dagger range...
  7. Eralen

Simple combat tweaks

So I realize there is absolutely no shortage of suggestions in the forums, but I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. First off I want to say what an awesome and unique game Exanima is, (and Sui Generis hopefully will be). I've logged about 100 hours into Exanima (mostly in Arena mode). I feel...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.