What weapons would you like to see in the game?

Espadon

Hello, here you can offer the weapons that you would like to see in the game. But, I think, we should decide which weapons in the game CAN be. I'm talking about the fact that in the game, for the most part, the entourage of medieval Europe, and hardly we should ask for katana) In the game, as far as I'm allowed to judge my knowledge, Armament and armor from around the 13th to the middle of the 15th century are represented. That is, we are unlikely to see some weapons in the game. For example, complex hilt and hilt were not yet invented, there was no rapier. But, I think, history can be neglected a little ... For example, I would like to see a saber. Elegant, light, quick, deadly. But in Europe sabers were only in Hungary until the 10th century, then they were captured and they adopted direct European swords. Well and still in Russia, there sabers were always, because of close contact with nomads. In Western Europe, sabers were not used. So if to be completely faithful to history, then in the world of the game, which is a world of medieval western Europe, the sabers could appear either as an ancient artifact to which it is several hundred years old, or as a rare commodity from Russia or Asia.
I also would like to see such a very interesting weapon as a Swiss saber also known as Ss... shne... schnepfe?
This two-handed weapon has a handle from a long sword and a straight, or almost straight blade. Unlike a conventional sword, this weapon had only one blade, and therefore, with the same size and weight, it was much sharper. A straight blade with a double sharpening at the end allowed this weapon to be stabbed superbly, and because of the straight blade they could be fencing as well as with a long straight sword. Initially, this weapon was made with a straight blade and a simple guard, and in the 16th century the blade began to be curved and the handle made with arcs and complex crossings. This weapon should cut a little worse than the grossmesser, because the bend of the blade adds additional cutting properties, but still it will cut much better than the sword. But compared with the grossmesser Swiss sword will be easier with the same length, just due to the lack of bending. In general, this is something between the grossmesser and the long sword. But this excellent weapon appeared only around 1470-1480, which does not fit into the framework of the game, very sad. But I think nothing bad will happen if we step back a little from the real story, right?
Sorry for my English.

Attachments

Last edited:

Roryn

Insider
Much Talk
Sorry for my English.
I don't think sabres are really a stretch to implement. We're already getting kriegsmessers which have similar enough shapes to the pictures you uploaded. I wonder how curved they might get, though, and how fighting would would feel with more curved blades.

Espadon

Of course, in a short time we will have a wonderful kriegmesser, but do we have to limit ourselves to them? One-handed swords are 5 or 6 kinds, so why can not there be another two-handed sword? I downloaded the images for an example, the most interesting for me, and probably for the game would be a version with a direct blade. Krigmescher, at least a little, but still curved, which reduces its piercing properties. The Swiss Saber is not just another two-handed saber, it's a hybrid. Not a sword or a kriegmesser, although it looks like, it a new weapon.

Midcal9

Of course, in a short time we will have a wonderful kriegmesser, but do we have to limit ourselves to them? One-handed swords are 5 or 6 kinds, so why can not there be another two-handed sword? I downloaded the images for an example, the most interesting for me, and probably for the game would be a version with a direct blade. Krigmescher, at least a little, but still curved, which reduces its piercing properties. The Swiss Saber is not just another two-handed saber, it's a hybrid. Not a sword or a kriegmesser, although it looks like, it a new weapon.
Don't expect to see such elaborate guard to be implemented as they tend to cause clipping issues.

Espadon

Yes, I think I can not correctly express my thoughts ... I understand that the protection of the hand is not foreseen yet, and it will be a little not historical, I wanted to say that it would be good to have a sword with a straight blade as in the first picture and a simple hilt like the third.

Not historical, but well placed in low-fantasy Medieval setting, I came up with this short list.

Melee class:
- A higher class of Quarterstaff, with spikes and iron ends for Aspirant and Novice.
- Chain, like a normal forged chain for Inept and a weighted chain for Aspirant.
- Shovel
- Barbed whips
- Harpoon (Spear class)
- Cestus and Kick animations
- Flail

Ranged class:
- (expected ones) Short Bow, Long Bow, Light and Heavy Crossbow, Composite bow.
- Bombs or Grenade with alchemical status.
- Javelins
- Slings and pebbles
- Throw nets
- Fire Lances
- Hand cannon

Coated/Magical weapons (Besides the magical mace already implemented and the Torch)
- Poison
- Curse (Thaumaturgy)
- Oil, Tar
- Fire
- Rusted
- Acid
- Gas / Smoke

Also would be a nice addition if we could get more rank variety in all weapons. Such as a rusted version of a Halberd for Novice, or a nice Novice/Expert Pitch Fork (Trident).

I'd like to see stuff like this:

Random stuff:
the ability to wield more things like the broom and fireplace tools.

Long-arms:
moon/monk spade(a shovel/hook weapon combination)

not a pike, but rather, very long poles for manipulating objects/targets at a distance, not exclusively for combat.

+perhaps a mode for more active parrying with pole-arms and staff type weapons to utilize hooks and other such implements to better catch and parry blows? Would basically just have the tip of the weapon follow the crosshair rather than having the combat stance

Ranged(on top of the already expect bow and crossbow varieties:

诸葛弩/Chu ko nu/repeating crossbow

Arbalest even if it really has no purpose for a single adventurer

Perhaps siege weapons of some kind, those would definitely be a very good show of the Baremettle physics engine. would definitely be a step up from the contraptions people come up with in Gmod or other source engine games.

Basic gunpowder implements like hand-cannons, grenades, or bombards even.

Syllabear3

Could dismbember and knock down easily.

If stats would relate character appareance i would full str for it (i wish a game finally does this).

Snoopbear

SUPER FLAMING DEATH SWORD!.

Nah, but for real though Fist weapons like claws or cestus or hell, even brass-knuckles / Knuckledusters
Earlier I did ponder the prospect of a flail, but that might not work so well with the engine.
Maybe a mancatcher, Could have some fun with the "zombies"

Espadon

Well, actually, I think that it's not so scary. if the handle is long enough, the combat unit will not even touch the character. But if we are talking about one-handed long-chain weapons in the form of a beater, then I think that there will either have to be trained. Although, a blow on the back of a chain around you can be not so strong .... and can even be used in fencing.

if you do not understand me, then please tell me right away. It seems to me that this time Google interpreter translated my words incorrectly.

I feel like the flail would kind of suck though considering how long it would take to ready a swing after the first if it's missed.
That's kind of what excites me about flails, they would be as deadly as sin, but you would need to be very cautious about when to strike. High-risk, high-reward and all that jazz.

I still dunno...

The point of putting a ball on the end of the chain is to amplify the amount of force you can put into a swing, but if you make the chain shorter, you lose out on angular momentum, and if you make the shaft longer, you might aswell just use a pole hammer or it just becomes a normal flail. also there's like what... 5 real examples in museums?(possibility that this thing might not of had actually been used in combat often or at all)

EDIT: well I guess theoretically it(ball and chain) could be used as a shield killer if the point is to use the swinging of the ball to hit them from behind while the handle is blocked from the front

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.