Linux Success

gumshoe

Hi all!

Just thought I’d note for those interested or looking to try the game that currently Exanima works wonderfully on Linux.

I use Sparky Linux (XFCE, Debian Testing based) with Wine Staging (currently 9.17). Default Steam install through default wine profile (CSMT enabled in staging tab), installed the game and then ‘Play’ and all fine. 60+FPS and no graphical glitches that I’ve observed.

I’m have a PC with: Intel i5-6600, GTX970, 16GB, 500GB SSD.

I tried the DRM free installer but clicking the ‘Install’ button just does nothing. I have a feeling I need to add some MS libraries or Winetricks components, but no idea which ones.

Wish more games used OpenGL/AL to help Linux support, but there’s definitely progress now and Exanima will keep me busy for a while J

zhuliks

Insider
DRM free and steam are the same, you can just copy files if you want and run it separately without steam. But patches wont work probably, they do on windows if you have patches in same directory, but if installer didnt work patches probably wont too.

Madoc

Project Lead
but if installer didnt work patches probably wont too.
The patches should work fine. The installer is the only 3rd party piece of software we use, not sure if we could make it run without hassle on WINE. I think at one point we did provide a manual install option, we should probably always have that available.

gumshoe

The patches should work fine. The installer is the only 3rd party piece of software we use, not sure if we could make it run without hassle on WINE. I think at one point we did provide a manual install option, we should probably always have that available.
I'm fine with the wine hassle, as long as I know which libraries or winetricks components to add? ;) Do the Steam folders hold clues there?

I'm not sure what 'manual install' means there? If I download the DRM free version it is a 'manual install' as far as I understand it? Do you mean file copy instead of installer?

zhuliks - I originally didn't have Steam installed, so only had the DRM Free version. Once Steam was added I'm fine using that really now.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.