Status Update

turtleman155

Insider
I am now thinking about raiding villages with my gang of bandits ooh.
I think it was said somewhere that you might be able to lead a group of mercenaries and this is just getting my hopes up even further for this game (didn't think that was possible) finally my mount and blade pangs can be satisfied :D

Madoc

Project Lead
Out of interest, how significant is...

What is the most characters we are likely to see in the game now? And I assume when you talk about implications to the game you are referring to the scale of battles and populated areas, but I'm also intrigued to know if this makes wildlife and mounts more viable?
Honestly we still can't say for sure until we've tested it properly under enough conditions and hardware, some of the changes have been implementd already but some are still a work in progress. The main concern is for characters in combat where we need very complex and accurate physics, characters that are basically idle we can run at a reduced performance cost. In terms of graphics performance for characters we've made big improvements recently. The main issue with adding quadrupeds or any non humanoid is not the performance but developing all the procedural animation systems, in the case of mounts also with a human on top! We'll get there eventually but we've got more urgent things to do for the time being.

cBass

Insider
Honestly we still can't say for sure until we've tested it properly under enough conditions and hardware, some of the changes have been implementd already but some are still a work in progress. The main concern is for characters in combat where we need very complex and accurate physics, characters that are basically idle we can run at a reduced performance cost. In terms of graphics performance for characters we've made big improvements recently. The main issue with adding quadrupeds or any non humanoid is not the performance but developing all the procedural animation systems, in the case of mounts also with a human on top! We'll get there eventually but we've got more urgent things to do for the time being.
Wöoooooooo

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.